Do you provide changing rooms and lockers?
Yes. Build Your Own Body is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
What should I wear to workout?
When it comes to workout clothes, comfort is far more important than fashion. Rather than purchasing clothes that look good, you should purchase clothes that feel good. When trying on workout wear, it is important that you bend and stretch or jog-in-place to make sure your clothes fit well. If you purchase ill-fitting clothes, you may find yourself adjusting your garments throughout your workout. At Build Your Own Body, we recommend that you consider the following when purchasing workout gear:
- Fabric: Wear fabrics that allow your skin to breathe. Wicking material, such as a polyester blend, won’t trap in moisture and will allow your skin to breathe, keeping you cool during your workout.
- Sneakers: Running shoes are the most important piece of gear in your workout wardrobe. It is important to consider what type of exercise you will be doing before purchasing running shoes.
- Bra: When it comes to high-impact exercise, it is critical that you wear supportive bra. A good sports bra will prevent breast, back, and neck pain as well as the breakdown of ligaments.
The right workout wear will make a tremendous difference in your overall gym experience. We are more than happy to provide you with recommendations on athletic clothing brands or point you in the direction of a nearby sporting goods store. Please do not hesitate to ask!
Is it better to stretch before or after I exercise?
You should warm up and then stretch before and stretch after you work out. Light stretching before exercise can prevent injuries from occurring and stretching post-exercise can help to reduce muscle tension and increase flexibility.
I’ve never taken a self-defense class, what should I know?
If you are a beginner, here are some important things you should keep in mind:
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of the class. This will allow you enough time to find your place on the floor.
- Please turn off your phone before entering the room.
Important to know:
- You will be very active. Bring a towel if you sweat a lot, wear comfortable clothing and bring water.
- Eat a light, healthy meal 2 hours before the class and drink plenty of water. Feel free to bring a water bottle to the class and drink as much as you need to during your practice.
Keep in mind:
- Krav Maga is easy to learn, easy to remember under stress and anyone can do it! However, it is different if you haven't done something like it before. Don’t feel discouraged or worry about looking silly. Grow and practice at your own pace!
Get in touch!
If you are in Flagstaff and have any questions, please give us a call. We are looking forward to hearing from you!